Monday, June 04, 2012

You're the Best


Hi all, bit a flat day when it came to cardmaking today - it was (and still is) a miserable day outside and the rain has now set in.  My first card of the day was an absolute flop and this is my second - which I have to say is not normally my style of using premade flowers (I tend to make my own!) but I got these Prima flowers in a prize pack and I thought I would try to use them ... now also in this prize pack I got some blue skeleton leaves ... do you remember those ... I haven't seen them in ages!  And it came to me the other day to use them and try to make a butterfly ... well here it is :)

these are 1" leaves and were a little bit so I trimmed and squeezed the ends to give the wings a little body to them ...
 
I was quite happy with the way the butterfly turned out  ... it just goes to show don't throw anything away ... ever ... because there comes a day when you will think of a use for them, as I know I threw some out years ago :)
So this card is made following the sketch from Card Positioning Systems.  The theme is from Hero Arts 'thinking of you', the butterfly is inspired by the challenge from Quirky Crafts 'up up & away' anything that is related to the sky (a butterfly flies!!!) and also for Party Time Tuesdays and Secret Crafter which both have anything goes this week.
materials - C'D blue moss card; Cosmo Cricket 'tea for 2' papers and s.e.i pear paper; Hero Arts 'sending smiles message' stamps; ColorBox chesnut roan chalk; Sen Plus blue 1" skeleton leaves; Kaisercraft chino pearls; Prima innoscence collection flowers; Ranger white opal liquid pearls; Carl corner punch.
Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Thank you for entering the latest challenge at the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog
Beautiful butterfly!

Spyder said...

What a lovely way to make a butterfly! Thank you for joiningQuirky Crafts Up Up Away Challenge, hope to see you next time too!
((Lyn)) DT

Lee said...

So lovely and dainty! I love those flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CPS Sketches!

Caro said...

I love the skeleton leaf butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog