Monday, June 11, 2012

True love wedding cake card

Good morning to everyone, last night I decided to have a go at the photo inspiration challenge over at Jay Gees Blog and as soon as I saw the last photo of the photo board I knew I had to make a wedding cake card :)  Which also went hand in hand with this weeks challenge over at Crafty Creations - wedding/anniversary.  I included 2 little love birds for Southern Girls challenge of things with wings and followed the 3 in a row guide from Magic in the Air with Cupcakes blog (punches, ribbon and 2 plus patterned papers), here is my card ...
here is Jay Gees photo inspiration board ...
 
I was a little worried when I saw the first photos - I thought crikey I'm going to have to do a male card (which I find I have to be in the mood for making those!) and then I saw the colours squares and I love aqua green and yellow together and then that wonderful cake ... sighing!
materials for this card - AC robins egg cardstock, DCWV 'the spring fling' cardstock stack; DCWV 'the spring fling' papers, Teresa Collins 'spring fling' papers; Staz On jet black ink; Bo Bunny crush clear stamps; Ranger white opal liquid pearls; white organza trim; MFT small open scalloped edge.
Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

Kazza said...

Wow beautiful Janet! The 3D looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at southern Girls. Kx

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card, Janet! So pretty. :-)

Jay Gee said...

Oh wow Janet, this is amazing. The cake card is really lovely and the birds on top are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Sue Nicholson said...

Wow, beautiful card and shape. thanks for joining us at SGC, good luck cheers Sue N x

Sonia said...

Wow! amazing creation!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Cupcakes. Good Luck!
-Sony DT
Sonia-Studio60

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Love the concept of this design. Gorgeous colours. Thanks so much for joining us for our Things with Wings challenge.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Southern Girls DT

Anonymous said...

Janet, this is a gorgeous creation!! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations!
smiles,Deena

Anonymous said...

Janet, this is a gorgeous creation!! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations!
smiles,Deena