Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fish whisperer - fathers day


It must be fathers day soon out there in blog land as a lot of the challenge sites had masculine as their theme this week ... here in Australia fathers day is early September ... but I like to plan ahead and get in early and make fathers day cards now! (I also have my first christmas card of the year to post up after this one ... so how ahead do I wish to get? :)
I have used a Bugaboo digital stamp for this card (fish whisperer) ... I really enjoyed making this card and creating a 2nd title for it ... I know my father is going to love this image as he is a keen fisherman (mainly fishing from a kayak) and he is either not all that great at it ... or they get away ... because he always has to buy his fish in tins :)

I have followed the sketch from Sketch Saturdays, made it a fathers day card for Secret Crafter, a masculine card for The Pink Elephant and CRAFT and also 'one for the boys' for There's magic in the air with Cupcakes.  I would also like to submit it for the challenge over at Pixie Dust Studio - 3 plus patterned papers.
materials - C'D blue moss cardstock; Cosmo Cricket 'tea for 2' papers, Sei 'holly lane' papers; Bugaboo digital stamp 'fish whisperer'; Paper Smooches 'alphadot' stamp, MFT 'mini banner day' alpha stamps; Versa Color black and bamboo inks; MFT bracket tab die; Crayola colouring pencils; buttons; green cord.
thanks for looking.

5 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

What a gorgeous masculine card, just perfect for our Father's Day Challenge this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, thank you for joining us
Hugs Kate xx

Danni said...

Fun card! Thanks for playing along with The Pink Elephant Challenge!

Kathy Bradley said...

What an adorable card - I love it - it made me smile! Thanks for joining us at There's Magic in the Air!

Alex H. said...

oh that's such a funny image.. your card looks great! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!
;-) Alex H.

Unknown said...

Hehe this is fab Janet! :)
Thanks for joining us at SS this week!
Lizy DT x