Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Stamp Spot DT - smooches


Woohoo! it's the weekend and today is my turn to post at The Stamp Spot blog. 
I enjoy making little scenes with stamps and dies and using MFT woodgrain fence and flat bottom clouds I teamed it up with Paper Smooches 'chubby chums' and 'spring groves' (which can be purchased from The Stamp Spot) to make this cute little card ...

I loosely based this card on the sketch from Feeling Sketchy - unfortunately the cow wasn't quite big enough to represent the rectangle in the sketch! but you sort of get the idea of it!
It is a great sketch to use and is very versatile.  One thing that really inspired me about this sketch is the position of the 'sentiment' on the sketch - I created a little sign 'xoxox' in a frame and hung it on my fence!
materials - AC pacific cardstock, Kraft cardstock, white cardstock; Cosmo Cricket 'tea for 2' papers; Paper Smooches 'chubby chums', 'spring groves'; Staz On jet black ink; MFT flat bottom clouds and woodgrain fence dies; Quickutz polka dot embossing folder; charcoal twine; Kaiser ice blue bling; crystallina kindy glitz.
Thanks for looking and enjoy the rest of the weeeknd.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so fun!!! Love the scene you made, great fence and love the sign sentiment!

You definitely rocked this challenge!!!


Thanks so much for joining in at Feeling Sketchy this week, hope to see you again! :-)

Jess S said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch! Such a fun take on it... I love the little sign too :D
Thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Hi Janet, what an amazing card you have created. I love the cutie-pie cow hiding behind the gate...what a fabulous idea. It's a great take on our sketch at Feeling Sketchy. I hope you will come back and play along again.
Michelle (whirligig)

Belinda Scott said...

Just love LOVE this card, the gate opening is an idea I will have to steal :)