Tuesday, June 26, 2012

happy birthday slider box


Hi All, I was browsing through the Splitcoast Stampers Newsletter (#317) and there was a tutorial on slider boxes and I thought how cool was that!  So reading through the instructions etc. I thought yup I can do that with a few modifications as it is all in inches and I am a "metric girl".  I have made slider cards before so it is along the same principle ... in the end it turned out quite good I thought and alot easier than what I had anticipated ... here is the view looking down on it ...

a view from the side ...
 
and here is the box opened - basically you pull open the box and a message tab shoots out from the opposite direction!
 
I have made this for this weeks challenge over at AnnaBelle Stamps blog - say it in "grey, blue & artichoke"
and I have followed the sketch over at The Sketchy Challenges blog

materials - AC blue jay and olive cardstock, black, grey and metallic white cardstock; AnnaBelle Stamps 'square posies' and 'background by design 2' stamps; Staz On jet black, Versa Color frost white, bamboo, Versa Magic night sky inks; Crayola pencils; MFT small rolled roses; Kaisercraft pearls; Spellbinders standard circles large nesties; Ranger white opal liquid pearls; black 3/16" flower eyelet, black satin trim.
Thanks for looking.

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeous, love the design and colour combo.
Hugs
Desíre
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Doing Life

lostinpaper said...

Totally amazing Janet! Love your take on the colours and the box looks amazing, must give it a try myself!

Marion said...

Wow, what an awesome project Janet! That slider box looks great. Good luck with the challenge this week.

Sue W said...

Loved this project as soon as I saw it Janet.....Gorgeous in the ABS colour scheme this week!

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

This is stunning Janet! You come up with the most amazing projects!
TFS :)
Andrea

Kylie said...

This is gorgeous Janet!
Thanks for playing at The Sketchy challenges, hope to see you back for our next challenge.
Hugs Kylie x

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Hi Janet,
What a cool project; really love it. Thanks for joining the Sketchy Girls for this fortnightly challenge.

Hugz,
Sandy