Tuesday, June 26, 2012

happy birthday slider box


Hi All, I was browsing through the Splitcoast Stampers Newsletter (#317) and there was a tutorial on slider boxes and I thought how cool was that!  So reading through the instructions etc. I thought yup I can do that with a few modifications as it is all in inches and I am a "metric girl".  I have made slider cards before so it is along the same principle ... in the end it turned out quite good I thought and alot easier than what I had anticipated ... here is the view looking down on it ...

a view from the side ...
 
and here is the box opened - basically you pull open the box and a message tab shoots out from the opposite direction!
 
I have made this for this weeks challenge over at AnnaBelle Stamps blog - say it in "grey, blue & artichoke"
and I have followed the sketch over at The Sketchy Challenges blog

materials - AC blue jay and olive cardstock, black, grey and metallic white cardstock; AnnaBelle Stamps 'square posies' and 'background by design 2' stamps; Staz On jet black, Versa Color frost white, bamboo, Versa Magic night sky inks; Crayola pencils; MFT small rolled roses; Kaisercraft pearls; Spellbinders standard circles large nesties; Ranger white opal liquid pearls; black 3/16" flower eyelet, black satin trim.
Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally amazing Janet! Love your take on the colours and the box looks amazing, must give it a try myself!

Marion said...

Wow, what an awesome project Janet! That slider box looks great. Good luck with the challenge this week.

A Consuming Passion said...

Loved this project as soon as I saw it Janet.....Gorgeous in the ABS colour scheme this week!

Andrea said...

This is stunning Janet! You come up with the most amazing projects!
TFS :)
Andrea

Kylie said...

This is gorgeous Janet!
Thanks for playing at The Sketchy challenges, hope to see you back for our next challenge.
Hugs Kylie x

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Hi Janet,
What a cool project; really love it. Thanks for joining the Sketchy Girls for this fortnightly challenge.

Hugz,
Sandy