Friday, June 29, 2012

Diaper card

Hi ya all, I didn't manage to post this yesterday evening (ran out of time!) so I will do it now.
One of my sisters is pregnant and is due soon, I have already made a card for her and the new baby and I wanted to make another baby card just for her other son Caleb ... my nephew who is 12.  I was chatting to another sister the other day who mentioned a conversation she had with Caleb and it goes something along the lines of Caleb saying that he is not getting up at 2am in the morning to change the babies 'pooey' diapers and that he can't do it as he has other important things going on like school, rugby league, kidsville etc ... so this just cracked me up and we all had a good chuckle at his expense (unbeknownst to him :)  What grabbed us all in this conversation was the fact that he used the word 'diapers' now here (down under and NZ) we call it a 'nappy' ... so obviously he watches too much 'the simpsons'!  But this conversation did inspire me to make a 'diaper' card especially for him ...

I tried to make it as 'teenage' as possible ... but the tabs open and inside is a tag and also the 2nd part that continues on from 'yo bro' ...
 
LOL and here is a young teenager saying "I don't do diapers" which is suppose to represent Caleb and then the little bee is ME saying "neither do I" and then I provided a list of names for him to call if he ever finds himself in a 'pooey diaper' scenario! ...
 
now the list is in order to ring and if the top one is not available he is to ring the next person on the list.  It is rather funny because before he rings me (I am in Australia while he is in NZ) he will have to deal with the nappy himself!
I enjoyed making this card because it is so specific to a person and I am sure, with his sense of humour, he will understand that it is meant to be funny ... it is hard to tell with teenagers :)
I am submitting this card for Party Time Tuesdays - anything goes and Crafty Creations - embellish it, use at least 3 embellishments ... even for a boy card I managed to embellish it with brads, flowers, rhinestones, ribbon and twine ... just in small amounts!!!
materials - Bazzill dark sky cardstock, light blue card; Jillibean Soup 'spotted owl soup' papers; Marianne design 'snoesjes boy with cat' stamp, Studo g 'bee' stamp, Paper Smooches 'alphadot' stamp, MFT 'mini banner day alphabet' stamps; Staz On jet black ink, Versa Color black ink, Brilliance rocket red ink; Crayola pencils; Bazzill brads; Carl scallop scissors; heart eyelet 3/16"; velcro; ribbon; flowers; Kaisercraft rhinestones; MFT chat bubbles.
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

This is too funny! What a perfect card for a new big brother-to-be. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Creations Challenges!