Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wonderful birthday

Well it was a very productive afternoon and I was happy with the way my 2 cards turned out.  This is the first one and it is based on the sketch from Card Positioning Systems #235.  I have made it an easel card for Paper Playtime, made it into a birthday card for Top Tip Tuesday and have incorporated a ribbon as one of the main features for Party Time Tuesdays.
 
here is a close up of this rather loud and funky ribbon from Francheville.  I have also tackled some felt roses using the MFT mini rolled roses dies - I have had these for a while and I tend to struggle when rolling them - I find that it tends to become very loose over time - I secure the bottom but I can see that as you move it about a bit it tends to loosen  - what am I doing wrong?
 
materials - AC canary cardstock; Lily Bee 'this & that' papers; MFT polka dot greetings die and stamp set; Colorbox chalk chestnut roan, Versa Color camellia ink; MFT mini rolled roses; Franchevill Natalia trim; Kaisercraft rhinestones; felt.
Thanks for your looking and your kind comments.

6 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

WOWZERS...this is stunning! Love the unique style of your easel card and the colors are so fun and vibrant!
Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Birthday challenge.
Smiles 2 You,
Lisa :D

Unknown said...

Your card is amazing!

Sharon said...

How beautiful!! Love the colors and that funky ribbon!! Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!! :)

Deanna Mulder said...

Great card. Love all the patterns and colors you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime.

paige said...

Love the colors and style of this card! Thanks for joining us at PTT!

LaJanette said...

OH what a great fun card so bright and bold! Loving the red with yellow!

Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week:0)

Hugs;
Janette