Saturday, September 03, 2011

Hello

Hi ya all - just a quick card here for AnnaBelle Stamps blog - they have say it with kraft, red and brown - I like these colours and I was tinkering around with vellum, my brayer and some kaleidacolor ink pads that I had.  So I teamed up with the shaped sketch from Moxie Fab and came up with the following card ... 

 
A close up of the brayered vellum - I decided to brayer first, let it dry and then emboss with watermark ink pad and emboss with clear powder (another way would be to emboss first then brayer but I wanted the color of the velum to come through so I did the brayering first.
 
 I like the simplicity of the sketch used and off course I made one hell of a mess doing this card - my hands are covered in ink and there is embossing powder everywhere!
materials - Kraft, AC crimson, Core 'dinations brownie cardstock; AnnaBelle Stamps 'daisy delight' stamps; Versamark watermark stamp pad, Kaleidacolor cappaccino delight ink pad; Speedball 4" brayer; clear and white embossing powder; Vellum; brads; Creative Memories circle cutters; Spellbinders petite scalloped circle large.
Thanks for looking and enjoy your weekend.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

This is gorgeous janet!! Love the rich crimson colour you've used and the daisy just pops!!
Thanks for sharing with us again this week :)
Andrea

A Consuming Passion said...

Wow ! another fabulous card Janet! Love the way you used the daisy and the rich background .....Thanks for joining in with us again this week.

Kylie said...

This is drop dead gorgeous Janet! WOW what a true stunner!
LOVING your design and all your elements!!!
Thanks for playing along with us again this week, I always look forward to seeing your creations!

Take care,
Kylie X

The Other Patti Sue said...

WOWzers Janet... this is simply amazing... so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at AnnaBelle stamps!

Sue said...

another beauty Janet!! I nearly used this sketch too, you have used the sketch brilliantly, great use of this weeks colours!
Thanks for sharing at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

Kristii said...

What a pretty card!! The colors are so pretty and the daisy just pops off that rich beautiful background!! Beautiful!

Patrice said...

Fabulous card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Janet! Thanks for linking this up to the Shaped Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)