Monday, September 05, 2011

Simply wonderful birthday

I am really happy with the way this card turned out!  I followed the sketch from Card Patterns #131, used Autumn colours from the challenge over at Secret Crafter and made it into a birthday card for Birthday Sundaes.

I have bitten the bullet and used one of those paper flowers that are all the rage at the moment and I see everyone is using them so I thought I would give it a go - I didn't realise that the are quite bulky and I would hate to see what happens to it in the post - maybe I will post one to myself!  I am sure the postal machines hate envelopes marked "handmade card" LOL!!!  anyway here is a close up of the flower, butterflies and swirl.
 
materials - Core 'dinations brownie and sunflower cardstock; Bo Bunny 'flutter butter' papers; MFT dienamics and stamps - polka dot greetings, Bella inspirations butterfly stamp; Stazon timber brown ink, Color Box chalk - chestnut roan; Sizzix decorative swirl die; Provocraft circle dies and archaic writing embossing folder; Kaisercraft paper blooms - coconut.
Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

:: Samantha KT :: said...

What a sweet card! I love the butterflies and scallop edges your've used!

Thanks for participating in this week's Birthday Sundaes challenge!

Samantha
hooliewoodcreations.blogspot.com

Kristie W. said...

LOVE your card!!! Great colors, awesome butterflies and I like the sentiment/panel that you used. I think I may need to get it :) Thank you for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!