Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dad happy birthday

Crikey I nearly forgot my fathers birthday next week!  I haven't been cardmaking for the past week too busy getting things packed for the bike ride - mind you there is not much that I can take on the bike - nevertheless I have to find everything from the last trip and squeeze it into what limited space we have!
While packing I suddenly remembered that it was my fathers birthday next week - we tend to have very few birthdays in our winter (they nearly all fall in spring or summer) and I tend to forget that his is the first one for the season so to speak.  So I hastily put a card together in the hope that it will arrive in time!

 
I have made this card following the sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches, the colours are from the challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays - monochromatic and brown, Southern Girls - anything and off course this fits in nicely with the weekly challenge over at AnnaBelle Stamps blog - say it with a male card.
materials - Bazzill blue cardstock; Kaiser 'offshore' papers, AnnaBelle Stamps 'party animals 1' stamps; Stazon timber brown ink; Marvy pens - blender 0, Dark brown 18, Prussian blue 29, Sky blue 75; blue ribbon, staples, Pink Paislee blue alpha stickers.
Thanks for looking.

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable Janet! Great design and love what you've done with the ribbon!!!

Marion said...

What a great way to make ribbon more manly! Love it. Thanks for joining us at AnnaBelle's this week.

Susie Little said...

Very sweet, love the cute little doggy! Thank you for playing at ICS XX

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just as cute as can be and I'm sure your Dad will love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

A Consuming Passion said...

Super cute Janet! Thaks for joining in once again this week

Andrea said...

Love the blues and staple work on your ribbon!! A very masculine idea!
Thanks for joining in with us again this week Janet :)
Andrea

Karen B. said...

This is just too adorable! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Kazza said...

Fabulous card for your Dad and love the treatment you gave the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls. xx

Sue said...

This is amazing Janet! Stunning colouring and the ribbon treatment has a real masculine feel!
Thanks for joining us at annabelles this week!!
Hope u enjoy the grand final tomorrow, will the cats get up? My hubby is hoping -NOT! :)

Anonymous said...

i am sure my small sister will like the editing of the ribbon .
Plastic card printing
Plastic Cards