Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Concentric hearts

The other day I made a clean and simple card for a challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays, well I enjoyed making it so much that I thought I would give it a go again - not that I do complicated busy cards but I liked doing this card because the end result is usually a very stylish card and it is a nice change!  So I made 2 mini cards (100mm x 100mm) for CAS-ual Fridays.  I have used felt for Paper Sundaes - the concentric hearts are made from yellow and red felt that has been layered on thin chipboard, I used the concentric heart die from Cuttlebug and run the felt through a die cutting machine and I just switched the middle heart from one to the other and so I ended up making these 2 cards concurrently with a few differences.  I am also submitting it for Crafts & Me - add a heart.

Now both cards have 'x' on them - I refound my love for staples! ... and yes I did manage to staple the card closed on one of the 'x' - how many times have you done that?! LOL ... but I managed to hide the holes on the inside!
materials - AC canary and black, Bazzill red devil cardstock; AnnaBelle Stamps squared posies; Versa Color camellia ink; Cuttlebug concentric heart die; Stapler; red and yellow felt; lightweight chipboard.
Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are adorable, love the staple accents!

Kathleen said...

These are lovely, the bright bold colours are really fun! Fab idea with the staples too. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
Hugs Kat
PSDT

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Oh wow! I love the way you used those staples! I NEVER use staples. Not sure why not though because I see them used fabulously all the time! Love your felt hearts! Thanks for FELTING IT UP with us at Paper sundaes!

LiSa PSDT

Annette Allen said...

Very cute..love the bold colors

Laura Davis said...

Darling!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Sooooo cute!! Super design and amazing colors! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!