Wednesday, September 07, 2011

on your wedding day

Normally I don't make wedding cards but I saw the photo inspiration challenge over at The Stamp Spot blog and fell in love with the cake in the photo and decided that I would try and make a card based on the cake - especially the colours! the cake even had 2 little birds on the top and of course I just had to add that too!!!
I am also submitting it for Designed 2 Delight who has a wedding/anniversary challenge.

materials - white cardstock; Kaisercraft 'offshore' papers, Prima 'paisley road' papers; Bo Bunny 'crush clear stamps', Kaisercraft mini stamps - wedding; Versamark watermark stamp pad; Stamp World white embossing powder; Provocraft dot embossing folder; Kaisercraft rhinestones; Creative works border stamp; Ranger white opal liquid pearls.
Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

Sandra Azzopardi said...

How clever of you, Janet! I love the idea of a wedding cake card! And the two little birds are just too cute.

Jessica Theodore said...

Golly gosh this is stunning! What a fabulous idea for a stand out card, very eye catching and you have used the inspiration photo perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us at TSS xx

Michelle said...

Wow, a card with a literal take on the challenge, how clever, and what a stunning result, a card I would love to receive if I were getting married, Michelle, TSS.

Patrice said...

Absolutely gorgeous Janet. I'm loving this cake, and the two little birdies you've topped it with are the icing on the cake - pun intended.

Thanks for joining us over at The Stamp Spot this month.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Goodness me look at all that bling! Janet you've certainly recreated the inspiration photo fabulously.

Trish
The Stamp Spot DT

Sandra said...

Oh My Goodness - this is absolutely gorgeous!! I've just joined The Stamp Spot this month and wanted to drop by to say HI and thanks for playing along. I have a little giveaway up for grabs this month for everyone who's played along in the challenge. Let me know if you want to be in the draw for it :) http://buttonsandbowsandmore.blogspot.com