Tuesday, September 13, 2011

AnnaBelle Stamps challenge #3

You know I have really enjoyed the 3 challenges for AnnaBelle Stamps birthday challenges - I thought 3 challenges in a week would be tough but the challenges weren't hard at all!  In fact there is still time to do the 3 cards! 
The final challenge is use 2 things starting with the letter 'B' - naturally because birthday starts with the letter 'b'.  So I am out cycling yesterday afternoon mulling this over in my head what do I have that starts with 'b' - balloon, blooms (nah I had already done 2 flower cards!), borders .... thinking.... thinking .... nearly riding off the bike path thinking of something different ... and then it hits me! ... Background stamps and Baubles!!! and here is my card -

as you can see I used the dot background stamp from BBD2 set and for the row that was going to the bauble I used mint ink and then highlighted some dots and circles with bling (oh a 'b'!).
a close up of a bauble from the stamp set Christmas Scene Baubles - I have stamped one of the baubles on 2 different patterned papers, fussy cut one whole and just the top and bottom of the other, layered together and stamped the bow (oh look another 'b'!), fussy cut and then secured to the bauble and applied glossy accents to it.
 
I also stamped a bauble on shrink it and then stamped the christmas trees on it, fussy cut and hole punched it, heat set to shrink it and then made it into a little charm - If you look at the top of this blog you will see a magazine link - I have a set of cards in this issue that uses both shrink it and AnnaBelle Stamps christmas scene baubles.
 
materials - White cardstock; Echo Park 'everybody loves christmas' papers; AnnaBelle Stamps 'christmas scene baubles and Background By Design 2, Stampendous 'home for xmas'; Stazon jet black, blazing red and olive green, Versa Color mint and camellia inks; Kaiser rhinestones; Aleene's shrink it; 4mm split rings; Inkssentials glossy accents, red & white twisted paper cord.
Hey thanks for looking!

5 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Another great little card Janet......love the charm you made with Shrink It.... the perfect embellishment!
Thanks again for helping us celebrate ABS 2nd Birthday! Good Luck.

Marion said...

A great idea to use baubles Janet. Lovely card and that little charm great. I will have to try it one day myself. Thanks so much playing with us and good luck with the challenge.

Kylie said...

AWESOME card, Janet!
LOVE everything about your card, your charm is so cute and I LOVE the way you used your background stamp! Awesome work, Janet!!!
Thanks for playing along with us for Annabelle Stamps Birthday Celebrations!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Sue said...

What a spectacular card to finish off our challenges! this is a fabulous combination, the baubles and the background! this is the only BBD I don't have, but I think they may change-lol!! Thanks for playing along with all 3 of our birthdat challenges! best of luck! :)

Andrea said...

I love how you've used the background stamp here Janet, and the paper piecing is perfect! Gorgeous card!
Andrea