Sunday, September 04, 2011

wish you were here this xmas

I am really into yellow at the moment so here is another card using mainly yellow!  I took inspiration from the challenge over at Jay Gees Nook blog, used the sketch from CRAFT, used 3 different dies for Crafty Creations and added a handmade charm for Crafts & Me

a close up of my handmade charm - I cut a large circle out of shrink it using my circle dies, stamped the second title on it and then punched a hole and then shrunk it using a heat tool.
 
It really is a non traditional xmas card in both colours and theme and me being me I love non traditional things!  I was complaining the other day to Neil about how the christmas stamp ranges are coming out and it is the same ole thing each year - what I really wanted was a set of stamps with the theme of 'not being together at xmas time' - my family live in NZ and every 2nd xmas we are not together so when I saw these wish you were here stamps by Hero Arts I thought they would be great for this and then I would have to somehow make up the rest of the title using alphabet stamps!  I suppose when you think about it I am not the only one that has family that can't be with each other at xmas time - so why is it so difficult to find a set of stamps with that theme?
materials - Bazzill white card, yellow cardstock, AC coffee card; Echo Park 'country road' papers; Hero Arts 'wish you were here' stamps, Stampendous typewriter alphabet stamps; Stazon timber brown ink; Shrink it; 7mm split rings; MFT little open scalloped edge die; Provocraft circle dies and dot embossing folder; Creative Memories circle cutters; Sizzix scalloped frame; 16mm yellow and white ribbon.
Thanks for looking.

7 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Oh, I agree Janet... my family is in NZ too, so Christmas is usually a quiet affair now. Love your homemade charm, so sweet and your non-traditional card is fun! Thanks for joining us again at Jay Gee's :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining us this week at CRAFT with this great card design.

Kerry

Crafteezee said...

So different, love it. I like to do traditional and a I also love the untraditional too, never tried yellow but why not. It's fab. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

Karen M said...

I Really love your card - its nice to see a christmas card with a different spin on it x x

Nana Donna said...

What a wonderful card with such a great message. I love the non-traditional look and the yellow is fabulous.
Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations this week
http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/

kim edmonds said...

lovely card,thanks for entering this week over at c.r.a.f.t challenges. good luck x

Unknown said...

A beautiful card Janet ... and I love the DP you have used for the background and on the chair. Thanks for playing along with us this month..Ange