Sunday, April 03, 2011

Smiles!

I sneeked into the craft room this afternoon - it is starting to become cool during the days now so it is nice being inside warm rather than spending it outside in the sun! I made this card and I have used Cosmo Cricket Pixie-Licious papers, Core 'dinations card stock and Annabelle Stamps - Stemmed flowers.

I have stamped flower heads on patterned paper, fussy cut them, curled them and applied glossy accents to them. I like stamping on patterned paper instead of colouring them in - it is a lazy way I know but effective!

I have followed a sketch from Sassy Lil' Card sketches (March 28 reveal) and I have also used the criteria from over at Annabelle Stamps blog - say it with purple and orange - I must admit I did end up liking this colour combo.

Thanks for looking.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

This is beautiful Janet! Amazing layout and design!
Thanks for playing along with us this week :)
Andrea

Kerry Steger said...

Hi Janet! This card is stunning!! I LOVE the stamping on the paper - it is definately effective!! Thanks for playing along with AnnaBelle Stamps challenge this week!!

BrendaB said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the dimension on the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Lil Card Sketches!

A Consuming Passion said...

What an elegant card Janet!!!! Love the layout too and you made the colours look brilliant together. Thanks for playing along~

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super cute card! Love your flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Scrapenabler said...

Love your card, the flowers are beautiful! Great take on the sketch.

Liz Weber said...

Hi Janet, I love how you used those stemmed flower stamps, I must remember that! Loving your paper choice for the colour combo, wish I had some of that paper! Love the pretty ribbon and your card design is lovely. Thanks so much for joining us again at AnnaBelle Stamps!