Sunday, April 17, 2011

Just hanging around ...

It was my aim this afternoon to do a card with as many challenges as I could involve on a card - I managed 4 seperate challenges from 5 different challenge blogs - I think that is my record -4 - I can't seem to get to the magic 5! It is a nice simple card and I really enjoyed creating it. I have used Stampendous 'changito the monkey' and I managed to make some of the very tiny leaves and bananas as 3D using silicone glue (used for paper tole) as I couldn't get the foam tape small enough to handle! Here it is ...
and here is a close up


I have made this card for the following blogs -

Card Patterns #111 - sketch

Card Ideas - male card

Lets' Ink It Up - stitching - faux stitching on the outside and the 2 crosses with thread

Wee Memories - 'adorable'

Secret Crafter - stitching - faux stitching on the outside and the 2 crosses with thread.

I decided since 2 of the challenge blogs involved stitching that I would try to incorporate 2 types of stitching which is a little hard for me as I can't sew to save my life (even sewing to create that 'deliberately crooked' look with a sewing machine still looks wrong when I do it!) so that is why I have done both faux stitching and the 2 crosses with thread.

Thanks for looking and have a great Easter everyone.

10 comments:

Claire said...

Wow Janet, what a brilliant card! Such a cute image and your little bananas are perfect! Great job with the stitching :-)
Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Jay Gee said...

Great job combining the challenges Janet. Cute card.

Cazro said...

Hi What a terrific fun card, thanks for stitching along with LIIU challenge. You have made a great job of it. Caz

Sharon Peele said...

Your card is so cute!! love the bananas!! Thanks for joining us on LIIU and good luck!!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely cheeky card

Thanks for joining us on our "Stitching" challenge this week at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

dstandard said...

This is just adorable! Love it!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card! Love the monkey!! Thank you for joining us at Card Ideas!

Kendra

~amy~ said...

such a fun card! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

whoistracy said...

Too cute! I love that little monkey. Glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

cute card! thanks for playing at Card Ideas.