Saturday, April 30, 2011

Recipe book

I decided to make a little recipe book today to put all my favourite recipes in. So I got out the old Zutter machine and created a little book about 150mm x 110mm. I have used MME and Cosmo Cricket papers, Kazzaz cupcake stamp, I have stamped 'recipes' on my ribbon and added pearls to the cupcake icing and I decided to hang some buttons as a tag around the binding wire just to give it a more 3D feel to it - I liked the end result.


and a close up


and the inside


You will notice that I have only 2 tabs of veges and sweets - although I am not a strict vegetarian I do make a lot of vegetarian meals and they generally involve following a recipe (compared to a meat meal which I can easily put together without a recipe) so I thought I would put all my favourite recipes in one book. The other category is sweets/desserts which I love more than vegetarian meals so I will put my most widely used sweet recipes in this section.
The reasoning behind this little book - I opened up my draw of recipe books and all matter of recipes on loose paper, napkins and the like fell out when I opened it!

I have based the front of the book on the sketch this week from Card Positioning Systems. It was also inspired by the challenge from Totally Stampalicious which was 'yummy food'. The colours was inspired by Lollipop Ladies challenge of ribbon candy and the use of ribbons. Funny enough one of the colours from the Lollipop Ladies challenge was yellow (MME paper which was also on of the ingredients from the sundae bar from Paper Sundaes, the other ingredients included diecuts (spellbinders) and pearls (which is on the icing of the cupcake)>

All in all I loved making this little book and it is a welcome change from a card!

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

What a great idea - stamping onto ribbon!! It looks fab.

Thanks for playing with us at the Lollipop Ladies this fortnight.

Trish - Candy Stripe

Andrea said...

This is a great little book Janet! I'd hate for anyone to see my recipe 'box'!! It's a mess!
Thanks for playing along with the Lollipop Ladies this week :)
Andrea

Julie said...

Super sweet! Love this little recipe book! Thanks for playing along with Totally Stampalicious this week!

Mel said...

Oh wow, this is simply stunning, I have to tell you I have looked at getting a Zutter for almost a year, this is the very reason for it, what an amazing recipe book, and the perfect gift for someone too. I have to have one now. Thanks so much for inspiring us at THE LOLLIPOP LADIES. Melx

Shana said...

What a gorgeous recipe book! I love the papers and charms! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes -We hope to see you again soon!