Wednesday, December 07, 2011

You're an Angel

Hi All
I am so happy to be back home after a 4 week cycle ride up in the Wimmera/Mallee area of Victoria Australia - a beautiful place if you like flat, dry and farming areas!  Mind you anywhere is lovely as long as I am riding my bike.  But first I would like to share with you one of the down sides of the cycle touring ... the awful suntan line...

I also have a short sleeve tan line on the arms - I look shocking in a swim suit and people look at me when I am at the local swimming pool!
Anyway glad to be home and in my little craft room.
This morning I am finishing off my christmas card list and I have wanted to use this Angel digital stamp from Paper Pretties.  I made this card for one of my sisters' who just loves Angels.

and a close up of the angel which I used kindy glitz on here hemline and wings.
 
and the inside of the card is nice and simple.
 
materials - AC mint, Core 'Dinations poinsettia and white cardstock; Cosmo Cricket 'mitten weather' papers; Paper Pretties 'angel' digital stamp; Kaisercraft 'merry christmas' stamp; Color Palette  magenta ink; MFT little open scalloped edge die; Crayola pencils; Twinery twine; button; Striped ribbon; brad; Derivan kindy glits 'crystallina'; Ranger white opal liquid pearls.

I have made this card for the following challenges -
Card Patterns sketch #144 - I have rotated the sketch on its' side.  The colours are inspired from the challenges from Kaboodle Doodles (use christmas colours),  Paper Sundaes (use 2 of the following - red, diecuts, stripes or stitching).  The theme is inspired by the challenge over at Party Time Tuesdays (holiday greetings) and I would like to submit it also for Wee Memories (whose theme this week is 'free for all').

Well that is all for now - it is time to sort of the christmas cards to decide who gets what and to see if I have enough!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a wonderful card! This angel is as sweet as can be! Love the sparkly detail on her wings and gown.

Brandi said...

So sweet! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!

Amy Kolling said...

Love your twine and button embellishment! Adorable angel! Thanks for playing along with Wee Memories!

Unknown said...

What a sweet card. Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles.