Monday, December 12, 2011

Pink & Blue xmas card box set

Hi ya bloggers
 I had a very productive weekend and accomplished quite a few cards.  Here is a box set that I made following the challenges from AnnaBelle Stamps blog - boxes, Scrapbook Boutique - colours pink, blue, red and white and Card Patterns - sketch #145 which I rotated.






I actually made my box out of white pasteboard and thought that this would be the hard part of this set but it wasn't - I managed to make it in around 15mins!  The difficult part was trying to make everything fit on the small area on the lid based on the sketch!
It was a challenge and I enjoyed making and decorating the box and creating 4 identical cards.

 
 
Since getting back from cycling I have been shopping and replenishing my cardmaking supplies and I bought a few MFT dies and one of them was the christmas ornament set along with the stamps - and I have to say this is a fantastic christmas cardmaking set.
materials - Bazzill red devil, piglet card, white cardstock, white pasteboard; Echo Park 'everybody loves christmas' papers; MFT christmas ornaments and stamp set; Stazon blazing red, Versa Color versamark ink pads; White embossing powder; Ranger white opal liquid pearls; Derivan crystallina kindy glitz; Kaisercraft pearls; Heidi Swapp trim, twinery twine.

8 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

What a great take on both challenges Janet!!!
Love the box you created and your card. Thanks for joining in with AnnaBelle Stamps and Scrapbook Boutiques inspirational challenge..........Good Luck!

Teena (AKA Teens, TeeBee, Wee Hen, Mum) said...

How clever you are to combine all the challenges within one project. What's more is you did a brilliant job!!! Love it.

Andrea said...

Just stunning Janet! Love this colour combo and beautifully decorated box!
You have been very productive!!
TFS
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Two of my fave companies and you have joined them together, LOVE it! This gift box is a gift itself!
Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique!

Liisa said...

Great colours and I love the box, very clean lines! Thanks for sharing, it's exciting to see and inspiring for me. Lx

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful, little box! And I LOVE that your cards coordinate with it! Absolutely genius! And the colors are divine!

Sue said...

as always this is amazing, love the way you have combined the colours, a perfect balance!! I have this set but have not inked it up yet, thank you for inspiring me to ink it up!
Thanks for sharing in both AnnaBelle's and Scrapbook Boutique's challenges! :)

NinaB said...

Great gift idea. Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns this week.