Friday, December 09, 2011

Shaker card

Being in the Southern hemisphere we don't get snow at christmas time (beach sand is more apt!) so doing a card to incorporate snow is a little weird to say the least!  But the challenge was to great to ignore for me so I took on the challenge from Top Tip Tuesdays and Quirky Crafts which both had the theme for snow as their challenges this week/fortnight.
I made a shaker card and used clear small beads as my snow for my penguins -

you also pull the sides of the cards and up pops a surprise!
 
here is a close up of my snow!
 
materials - AC white, spinach and pacific cardstock; Echo Park 'everybody loves christmas' papers; Jillibean Soup 'christmas eve chowder' stamps; Stazon jet black ink; Creative Memories circle cutters; Francheville christmas ribbon, natural cord; Ranger white opal liquid pearls; small clear beads.
thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Sara I. said...

Love your shaker - so adorable!! The papers are so fun and cheery, too! Thanks for joining us at Quirky Crafts and good luck!
Sara
QCC GDT

Caro said...

Such a cute image and I love that you turned it into a shaker card. Thank you so much for joining in with Quirky Crafts snow challenge.

Maggie's Crafts said...

Simply stunning!

Thank you for joining Top Tip Tuesday in Let It Snow challenge. :)

Good luck!

Maggie
x

LaJanette said...

Oh what a super cute card. Loving all the bright and merry paper. Plus that surprise is just perfect. So many details in such a great card; LOVE IT!

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Top Tip Tuesday.

Hugs;
Janette
P.S. I have candy if you are interested in taking a peek:0)
LaJanette.blogspot.com

Spyder said...

Love Shaker cards and I haven't made one for ages, and here's one with a surprise pop up too! Love it!
thank you for joining Quirky Craft's 'Snow' challenge, hope to see you again for our next challenge, starting Sunday evening!
((Lyn)