Thursday, December 08, 2011

Happy Birthday

Hi all - well my christmas card list is now finished and now I am moving onto birthday cards.  There is a run of birthdays in my family over the Christmas - January period.  So the first birthday card is for my mother who will be 73 years old on Boxing Day! 
I love making bright cards and I am especially fond of Yellow and since it is summer down here I made a very summery card following the sketch from Mojo Monday #218.

I have used a very old stamp - it is 10 years old from Stampendous 'garden sampler' - I remember buying it and falling in love with the sun part of the stamp but once I bought it I hardly used it!  Here is a close up - I have stamped the sun serveral times on various papers/card and fussy cut out the images and relayed them to give it a more 3D feel to it ...
 
Materials - Core 'Dinations tulip and harborside card, AC buttersctoch card; Echo Park 'country drive' papers; Stampendous 'garden sampler' stamp, AnnaBelle Stamps 'party animals 1' stamps (happy birthday title); Stazon black ink; MFT little open scalloped edge die; Francheville black journalling pen; Kaisercraft rhinestones; Derivan kindy glitz - cyrstallina.
Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

So bright and cheerful, what a happy card!

Visiting from Mojo Monday
xo, Kristina
Please stop by and say hello!
www.pearlgateway.com

Being Mrs Miles said...

Isn't it fun to find a new/old item to revive? Really most things are classic

I do some really bright cards too - once in a while I even haul out the "florescent" color cardstock. LOL!

You may inspire me to make a bright one again soon.

Happy Crafting,
Barb