Thursday, November 11, 2010

ICS #90 Recycled Xmas

Over at Inspirational Card Sketches they had a great sketch this week and initally I sketched this card with their sketch in mind but as I progressed it sort of went off the sketch at bit!
Instead of using a circle card I put the circle part on a square card and tried to keep to the sketch from there.

For our xmas cards this year I thought I would go non traditional and really personalise them beyond the uniqueness because they are hand made.
In this card Neil and I are advid cyclists and have just returned from a 7 month cycle tour with our dog Kouta in tow so I stamped a scene using Stampin Up All in the family stamps and masked alot and stamped a bike stamp that I have no idea where I got it from! The title 'have a recycled xmas' came from a hat that Neil wears over his helmet to block out the sun and it had 'recycled' on it so that gave me the idea for the title. I love the way the scene came out and who ever gets this christmas card will definitely know who it is from!
Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Alizabethy said...

What a fab personalised card!

Nicola said...

A lovely personalised card lovely images too. Many thanks for joining us at ICS this week. Nicola xx