Thursday, March 31, 2011

A mothers day card

I had an idea this week to do a pop up card - now I have never done one of these before so I thought I would do just a basic one - not too complicated! When I had decided to do this card my in-laws rang up to say they were passing through Melbourne for a visit so I was out of action for 2 days at least but I did manage to make it this afternoon and I am absolutely over the moon about it and I am sure my mother in law is going to love it!

I have made it following the sketch from Card Patterns #108 (I flip it back 90 degrees). The flower colours on the card is inspired by the photo from Paper Sundaes, the purpose of the card is from Cupcake Craft #135 challenge - flowers for Mum, and the general overall feel is inspired from the challenge over at Kaboodle Doodle - a spring thing! Which is ironic down here in the Souther hemisphere we are in Autumn and soon approaching cold weather - hey cold by our standards not like the northern hemipshere which has snow as a general rule for their winter!!!

Anyway thanks for looking - I have just had 4 sets of cards accepted for Australian cardmaking, stamping and papercraft magazine which means 4 sets of instructions! so I think I will have to start on them now rather than make cards! have a great week.

6 comments:

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Janet

Wow - and you've never done a pop up before - its like you are a pro! Gorgeous card and I'm sure your recipient will be delighted! Thanks for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina

Brendaxx said...

That is such a beautiful card!! I love it!

Unknown said...

Hi Janet! Oh my...this is such a bright & lovely mothersday card!! Just love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week and good luck! Hugs/sari

Elara said...

Hi! I picked cards with purple today and clicked on your blog link from Card Patterns - Sketch #108 Challenge. That's a gorgeous pop-up card! I love it and it makes me want to have spring here in Malaysia. :)

Debbie @ Phatelara

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Janet, what a brilliant pop up card. I love the pretty flowers and colours you've used. Definitely a card any mum would be delighted to receive. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

~amy~ said...

w.o.w.

Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!