Friday, March 18, 2011

Birthday wishes

I have been busy topping up my emergency stack of cards and I have made this birthday card - I am trying to make cards that are suited for both male and female and I think rather than try to make a card that could be either / or I really should just either make a male card or a female card. Actually I think I might challenge myself to make more male cards - I struggle with those and always end up slipping in a flower or bow somewhere!
Anyway here is a close up of the card -

and here is a full view of the card

I have made this card for the following blogs - thanks for the inspiration from these wonderful blogs:
Cardabilities sketch 27
Kaboodle Doodle - challenge #58 make a birthday card
Simon Says - birthday card
Cupcake Craft - challenge #133 up in the air with optional green
I have used Cosmo Cricket papers from the Pixie Licious collection, the hot air balloon stamp is from Verve Up Up & Away.
Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my...This is such a lovely & cheerful card! Love the colros, and that hot air balloon looks so lovely! thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs/sari

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Janet, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute balloon and your papers are perfect. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Shelly said...

Adorable card for our challenge this week! I love your paper choice and the cute balloon in the clouds, genius! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Craft Challenge! Shelly :)

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Love this card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

Sasya said...

adorable card!! love the color combo too~
thank you for playing with Cardabilities!!

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh I love your fab card, Jatet! Great layout and I love the fun papers and colours!
Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Hugs,t

Yvonne said...

What fun bright colors!

Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at Cardabilities.