Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Challenge card - just for you

I could not have ridden back faster from our cycle holiday with the knowledge that my craft room is not being used! I pedalled and pedalled and I am so happy to be back in my room. Actually I am glad to be back home and look forward to the next 5 months (even though it is winter) off from our cycling.
Off course I was a bit rusty when it came to my first card in 6 weeks but I am happy with the results.

I have made this card for the following blog challenges:
Jay Gees Nook #5 - colours of light blue, white and yellow
Scrapbook Boutique - use at least 3 buttons
Card Patterns - sketch 106
I made the white flowers out of pipe cleaners but just wrapping it around a pen and used buttons as the flower centers, the paper is from Kaiser, the sun is from Hero Arts bee happy stamp set, the clouds are from Verve Up, Up & Away stamp set.
Thanks for looking.

7 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Clever you making those flowers! This card has such a great 'spring' feel to it. So pretty. Thanks for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

anja curvers said...

Wow how clever to use those pipecleaners for the flowers. Love your take on the sketch glad you joined us at cardpatterns.

Nadine said...

Riding a bike cleares your mind and gives new inspiration. I know. Turned out very well for you, as your card is beautiful.

whoistracy said...

How adorable! I love the colors here and the tiny clouds you added. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns.

sue said...

This is the coolest card! Those flowers are so clever! Thanks for sharing with us at Southern Girls Challenge :)

Autumn said...

This is too cute! I love how you have made those flowers, what a great idea! Thanks for joining us at SG!
xxAutumn

Unknown said...

Awsome card! Love those 'fuzzy pope cleaner' flowers. Thanks for playing along with us this month ... Ange