Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday puppy dog

I am trying to increase my male cards in my stash so I thought the sketch from Card Patterns and a dog image would be perfect for a male card. It is easy to use animals for male cards as I don't think flowers and girlie images would be well received! So I made this card based on the theme from Diecut Dreams and Card Creative Crew which both had 'animal antics' as their themes.

You can't quite see it in the photo but the dog bones to the left of the dog have glossy accents on them.
a close up of the paws which are actually Francheville brads.


I am very happy with the way the card turned out and I really like the colour combo of brown and teal - gorgeous!
materials - AC coffee cardstock; Paper Studio 'family' papers; Paper Studio 'puppy love' stamps, Annabelle Stamps 'party animals 1' stamps; Stazon timber brown, Versa Color turquoise inks; Marvy pens - blender 0, dark brown 18 and Tombow grey N75; Francheville paw brads; Dog bone twill; Inkssentials glossy accents, Cuttlebug circle dies, 1/8" brass eyelet; 7mm split ring; Fiskars 'round the bend' punch.
Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Mummylade said...

it is a wonderful colour combo! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the DCD and good luck!

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x