Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Happy Birthday

Hi all, this afternoon I decided to use a colour that I normally don't use - purple!  One of the colours in Lawn Fawns the bright side collection is purple and I really liked the shade they have used so I thought I would give it a go on my card this afternoon.
This card incorporates quite a few challenges - the sketch is from Retro Sketches, the birthday sentiment is for Kaboodle Doodles - birthday or special day, the image is for the 'great outdoors' theme over at Cupcake Crafts, I have incorporated a ribbon for Top Tip Tuesday and I am also entering it for 'anything goes' for Party Time Tuesdays ...
the little scene was made using Paper Smooches 'spring groves' stamp set and coloured with colouring pencils.
 
materials - White card, Kaisercraft lilac, watermelon cardstock; Lawn Fawn 'the bright side collection' papers; Paper Smooches 'spring groves' stamps, AnnaBelle Stamps 'party animals 1' (title) stamps; Staz On jet black ink, Versa Color violet ink; Crayola pencils; Celebration purple gingham trim; MFT wonky border die, Fiskars round the bend punch, Cuttlebut circle dies.
Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

Mina974 said...

Lovely card Janet! Thank you for joining us at Kaboodle this week!
hugs
Yasmina

Lisa S. said...

I love gingham ribbon and you definitely kept the focus on the ribbon Janet. Purple is an excellent choice here and I love your colored image. :)
Thanks so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for the Focus on the Ribbon challenge. Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips. Hugs

Trish Hughes said...

those trees are so cool, love your card!!! thanks for joining us at kaboodle doodle

Faye said...

This gorgeous card is perfect for our Great Outdors Challenge. Thanks so much for joining the fun at Cupcake this week. Good Luck. x

Donna said...

Such a sweet card Janet and a fab combination of colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Cupcake this week. Good Luck :) Donna ♥ x

Bettina L. said...

This is supercute and I love the strong colour choice. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for another challenge. Bettina xx