Thursday, August 16, 2012

Feel better soon - butterfly

okay here is yet another get well card! This time I followed this sketch from Feeling Sketchy and I also dug out a set of stamps that I haven't used for a while from Penny Black 'to you' and I used the gorgeous butterfly and flower from this set for the Scrapbook Boutique 'add a butterfly' challenge ...
here is my card ... I think in hindsight I should have distressed the edges of the paper ... but it was too late as I had stuck down all the paper ... so I have kept to my usual 'clean lines' :)
here is a close up ...
 
the orange lacy strip running down is a border punch which I trimmed down my card to a suitable width and then punched one long edge and then the other to make it lacey!
materials used - white cardstock; DCWV 'spring fling' cardstock and matstock papers; Penny Black 'to you' stamps, AnnaBelle Stamps 'dotted flowers' stamps (title); Staz On jet black, Versa Color vanilla inks; Crayola pencils; Cream satin trim; Carl corner punch; Fiskars lacy border punch; Sizzix large oval die; Ranger white opal liquid pearls; Kaisercraft pearls.
Thanks for looking.

12 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Janet

Desire Fourie said...

Janet this is so beautifully designed. Lovely colours and embellishments. Everything works together perfectly.
Hugs
Desíre
Doing Life
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

Unknown said...

Hi Janet, this is a lovely card. The stamp from SB is pretty. I shop there on line all the time..Nice to see another aussie around, joined your blog as a new member, keeping in touch and thanks for your comment on my recent card...x

Unknown said...

Silly me I am already a member...must be having a blonde moment lol...xx

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Janet, what a beautiful card you've shared with us this month........Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Awesome colour combo and great use of DP's Janet! Love it!
Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

Narelle said...

A beautiful card like this would make anyone feel better!
Thanks for taking part in the August Scrapbook Boutique challenge!

Linda Langes said...

Janet this is such a beautiful card. I just love all the elements you've combined - they all work together so beautifully. Great job!

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Hi Janet, this is such a pretty card. I like the lacy effect you have achieved with an edging punch. Thanks for joining in with us at Feeling Sketchy.
Michelle

Jess S said...

Another beautiful card Janet! I love the lacey border and the coloured flowers :) Thanks for playing at feeling sketchy this week :)

Louise F NZ said...

Wow. This is just stunning! The colours are gorgeous and the stamping is just fabulous.

Angela said...

I just love pink and orange!! You have created such a gorgeous card, it would certainly cheer me up!! Thanks for sharing and joining in at scrapbook boutique xx