Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Celebrate

I am loving kraft cardstock at the moment! I stumbled across a technique of colouring on kraft cardstock with colouring pencils so I thought I would give this technique a go. There were 2 challenge blogs that I regularly participate in that had the same challenge so I thought I would use the sketch from Card Patterns #116 and also incorporate lace and pearls from both Southern Girls blog and Birthday Sundaes blog.



and a close up of the colouring in!


I just used normal crayola pencils to colour in the image from Penny Blacks 'for you' stamps. Colouring in using pencils is a little different to copics and blending pens. I found it easier to use several shades of one colour to get the 'gradual' effect, for example, the petals I used blue for the entire petal and then a darker blue for the base of each petal to darken the area, same with the leaf. I like the effect of the pencils on kraft colour cardstock.

I have also used paper from my fav range at the moment and that is MME Stella and Rose - Gertie papers. The lace part of the card is a doily from Paper Inlings 'colour me doilys' where I inked it with versa color 'old rose'. the pearls are Kaisercraft champagne pearl strips.

This is a slightly different style of card that I normally do and I definitely hardly use lace but I love a challenge and I was excited about doing this card.

6 comments:

Shelley said...

Wow I love this card its gorgeous.
www.shelleysland.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Love your card. The colored lace and the way it opens are wonderful. TFS
Cindy http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

Kristie W. said...

This is so pretty! I love how the card opens, neat! Thanks for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

NinaB said...

Beautiful details, Janette. I'm glad you got to play with Card Patterns this week.

Vivi Martínez said...

Beautiful card. You did a great job with the coloring... great take on the challenges.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Birthday Sundaes!
Vivi

Viv said...

This is adorable! Well done on your colouring, its not an easy technique, especially with ordinary pencils.
Thanks for playing at Southern Girls! Viv x