Friday, April 24, 2015

Simply Wonderful

Wow there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day anymore!  I am spending less and less time in my craftroom lately and I miss it!  So this afternoon I decided that I would make some cards regardless!
My first card is my first play with texture paste.  I have seen this on scrapbooking pages and a few cards - however most are using stencils and I don't have any so I wondered if I could use stamps to create a little texture.  Knowing that the paste, when dry, goes hard so I thought as soon as I have stamped the background on the paste I should wash the stamp to remove the paste!  I also found that spraying the stamp lightly with water enables the stamp to come away from the paste better.  I also used an acrylic stamp - then I could wash it under running water. Here is the result ...
 and a close up ...
 I have based my card on the following sketch from CAS(E) this sketch #120
I would also like to submit it for the challenge at Cute Card Thursday - Clean and Simple.
materials - Co're Dinations rouge cardstock, smooth white cardstock, Arches watercolor paper; Grant Archival Grace Taylor butterfly stamp, Kaisercraft grid texture stamp; Staz On jet black ink; Versa fine onyx black ink; Watercolour pencils; Aqua brush; Francheville enamel dots; natural cord.

7 comments:

Maaike Uijthoven said...

lovely colour and i like the texture, well thought of

frommycraftroom said...

What a great idea to use a stamp. If you don't have a stencil you can make your own by cutting shapes using dies.
I like the gold foil you used on the next card too.

Karen Ashbrook said...

Love your card and I love the effect you created with the texture paste. Karen x

Glittertastic said...

What a marvellous idea - beautiful card janet!

Sharon
x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous! I love your beautiful take on the sketch!

I Card Everyone said...

Janet this is fantastic... and thanks for the embossing paste tips!! Thanks for joining us this week at CTS!
=] Michele

LesLee said...

WOW this is an awesome take on the sketch I love how you created all the elements with so much texture yet it is still very CAS... great job