Thursday, July 18, 2013

hoppy birthday

I can't believe my little nephew will be 1 in August ... what saddens me is that nearly the entire family will be away on that day ... we will be in the middle of the Pacific ocean on the supply ship on our way to Pitcairn Island! so we are having his family party just before we embark.
I enjoy making cards for kids ... but I don't enjoy shopping for their birthday presents ... when I  browse at toys I always think 'nah that is too childish' got to get out of that line of thinking!
So here is his card ...
 here is a close up of all the Australian animals ...
I hope he likes it - I have made this card for the following challenges - Southern Girls 'no spoolin'; Creative Card Crew - great outdoors; Quirky Crafts - zoo animals (you find plenty of kangaroos, koalas and kookaburras in an Australian zoo!)
materials used - white card; Echo Park 'so happy together' papers; Lawn Fawn 'critters down under' Staz On jet black ink; Prismacolor pencils; red brad.
Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

Spyder said...

Aw this is so sweet! I love your papers and those little animals! Thank you so much for joining Quirky Crafts this challenge! new one starts this Sunday evening!

((Lyn)) DT

Anonymous said...

OH I sooo love this Janet, adore the big number 1 and all the aussie animals!

I thought they looked familiar, then realized I do have this stamp set in my stash! LOL!!! I must use it more!

Beautifully coloured!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thank you for entering your card into the latest Quirky Crafts Challenge! I full on love the birdie papers you've used, I think I might need some in my stash! Don't forget to come back tomorrow to check if you've one one of our prizes :)
Daire (Design Team)

Dwie lewe rączki said...

What a great work. I really like the colours and all that sweet little animals. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.
Yvonne