Friday, February 27, 2009

Lauras sketch #20




As soon as I saw this sketch I knew exactly what I was going to do ... don't you just love that when that happens!!!
I love doing what I call spinning cards, which is where the main embellishment spins along a track. They are fun and easy to make and are brilliant for childrens and male cards - they will spend hours just rocking the card from side to side getting the embellishment to spin!!
I have used Lauras sketch to do this and I am hoping I can put up a video so you can see the card in action.
I have used Bazzill cardstock, Kaiser what a hoot papers and Carolees Creations alphabet stickers.

Hey thanks for looking everyone - have a great week.

9 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Soooooo stinking cute!! O.k. you get the most creative card award, then you took it one step further and made a video!!! Wowzers!

A cherry on top would be a little tutorial on how you make your little slider, hint, hint! ;)

I LOVE your accent to soo cute!
Laura

cnelson said...

brilliant! so stinkin' cute and creative! loooooooooove it!!!!

Bentov Anat said...

The card is beautiful, wonderful colours and the owl is so cute...

Savitri said...

Very very cute and the video is nice too. You did a great job. I love the owl. I am a sucker for them :p

Ewonne said...

Love that you made a video ♥
Your card is very pretty!!!

Lea L. said...

This is so so cute! Totally love the owl accent! Great job with Laura's sketch!

~Lea

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous card Janet and this was a great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for sharing the tutorial on how the slider works. Love your creative style. Hugs from Desire (SA crafter)

Terri A. said...

Oh, that is the CUTEST, cleverest card I have seen all week!! PLEASE share how to make it!! Or can you point us in the direction of an online tutorial? My kids would so love that card!! And the owl is TOO cute (Kaiser craft is harder to find here in the states, but I sure love that paper!).

Heather Ulmer said...

wow gorgeous work! so creative!