Monday, August 18, 2008

This is some serious hand cutting!!!




I love the effect hand cutting gives a layout, it is a beautiful way to embellish and the more intricate the cutting the better!!! Theoretically I should be a 'hunchback' with all the hand cutting I do.
In this layout using papers from the Basic Grey Sultry Range I have cut out a flower from one of the papers (not sure which one but it has paisley shapes on it with a brown background!) I have also added kindy glitz and folded some hot pink mulberry flowers in half and tucked them under a few petals.
Most people dislike hand cutting but practice practice and more practice and before you know it you will be hand cutting the most intricate and delicate cutouts!!!
Today I found out that I made the 'fab 5' for the "2 sketches 4 you" Lauras sketch #6. So I am really rapt with that. I loved doing the sketch it was so user friendly and open to any interpretation. I can't wait until the next sketch is posted.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks amazing!!!
It was all worth it :)
Loving your blog too, don't worry mine's very much like yours!!