Sunday, August 26, 2012

happy 60th birthday

I was asked to make a 60th birthday card for a male who likes the colour grey ... first I thought crikey a male and then I thought crikey 60 (so cartoon animals are a no go!) but I had just got the MME Miss Caroline 'dilly dally' papers and looked amoungst those and saw there was alot of greys and used that as inspiration for my card ... half way through it I remembered I had some sprightly spocket dies and thought that would make a great embellishment for a male card ...
from this side view you can see that I made it as a step card ...
 
male cards can be difficult at times especially if you don't know the person so I always try to make a card that has some sort of  mechanical element to it ... like a step card.  The frame around the title is made from cutting strips of woodgrain paper, trimming them to varying lengths and making a frame for a more interesting effect.
I am entering this for the chipboard challenge over at Southern Girls - the wood frame is mounted on chipboard and the '60' is chipboard.
materials - grey linen cardstock; MME Miss Caroline 'dilly dally' papers; AnnaBelle Stamps 'dotted flowers' stamps (title); Versa Color black, vanilla and chateau grey inks; AC thickers-black hatbox alphabet; Spellbinders Standard circles large and sprightly sprockets dies; Creative Impressions screw brads.
Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Gorgeous frame Janet, love it!
Andrea

Unknown said...

Wow ! it's amazing card and information for 60th birthday cards. Keep it up dear. Thanks